Think you’ve got an event that is North of Normal? Look no further, you have found where to submit your application!
To ensure the best operation of the Frostival as possible all event applicants must adhere to the following criteria:
- Dates: Applicant event dates must fall within the dates of January 25-26, 2019.
- Deadline: To be considered for inclusion in this year’s Frostival, your event application must be received no later than October 1, 2018. Applicants will be notified within 21 days whether your application has been accepted.
- Event Theme: Event must subscribe to a focus on getting outside in the winter months. While outdoor events are preferred, if an event is indoors, it still must have a winter theme. Events that are quirky and “North of Normal” are also highly encouraged. Events may not be organized around political or religious themes.
- Event Cooperation: All events are required to cooperate with the Frostival committee for event research and other partnerships efforts including, but not limited to, the following:
- Communication with primary stakeholders on Frostival promotion
- Display of signage provided by the Frostival in order to maintain consistent branding
- Provision of a database of participants/registrants for post-event research/promotional purposes
- Attendance/Participation numbers
- Food/Beverage/Merchandise sales
- Event Production: Event applicants are responsible for all logistical components required to operate their event with in the Frostival. The Frostival is not responsible for any event-related expenses. In addition, event applicant shall be responsible for providing the Frostival committee with a certificate of insurance with a minimum liability of $1,000,000. In addition, the certificate of insurance must name the following entities as additionally named insured: Fargo-Moorhead Convention and Visitors Bureau, Fargo-Moorhead Athletic Commission, Fargo Park District, City of Moorhead, West Fargo Park District, and Downtown Community Partnership.
- Law and Ordinance Adherence: All events must obey local, state and federal laws as well as any local ordinances that may apply, including, but not limited to, permits, licensing and waivers, this also includes the collection and remittance of sales tax on all admissions and/or products sold.
- Use of Logo: If selected as an official Frostival event, applicants must include the official Frostival logo on all individual event materials. An official logo will be provided in a PDF format. If requested, the Frostival committee will provide templates for forms, advertisements, and other marketing materials.
- Revenue Sharing: In order to help execute the most successful Frostival possible, partners are asked to contribute a portion of their revenue generated from the event to the Frostival to help cover administrative and promotional expenses. This revenue share provides you as an event with over $10,000 in advertising as well as exposure to the official Frostival website and limited other promotional materials.
- Cost of $15.00 or less: $3.00 per ticket/registration
- Cost of $15.01 or more: $5.00 per ticket/registration
- Team registrations shall be subject to a flat $10.00 per team registration
- Competitions: 20% of registration fee not to exceed $20
- Free or fundraiser events shall be subject to a $150 flat marketing contribution
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be shared at a rate of 10% of net sales. Net sales shall be defined as gross sales less sales tax.
- Alcoholic beverages will be shared at a rate of 10% of net sales. Net sales shall be defined as gross sales less sales tax.
Fill out the application below for your chance to be part of Frostival!
*Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee that you will be accepted as an official event.