The FMCVB is seeking artist submissions for the 4th annual Frostival snow mural. Frostival takes place January 25th & 26th, 2019.
- Mural vision: Artist will have creative leeway on the project, we would only want to make sure that it includes the event logo and elements of the FM area and winter
- Mural location: Downtown Fargo at Base Camp Hub (Schumacher Goodyear building area)
- Submissions can be e-mailed to Andi Thoreson, email@example.com with the subject line, Frostival Mural 2019
- Please include artist information, sketch/example or written description for design concept, and any examples/links to previous works.
- Deadline for submissions: December 31st, 2018
- Timeframe: The mural needs to be completed by Friday, January 18, 2019
- Mural surface: 4 x 8 foot sheet of Lexan (paid for by the FMCVB).
- (Lexan™ 9034 uncoated polycarbonate sheet is the standard grade of Lexan™ sheet for transparent protective glazing. High-impact Lexan™ 9034 sheet can be utilized for primary glazing, or on either side of existing glazing for economical protection against breakage or intrusions. A better insulator than glass, Lexan™ 9034 sheet contributes to lower energy costs. It is virtually unbreakable, making its products an excellent candidate for safety in areas where parts may be exposed to high impact. Will withstand -40°F to 180°F continuous and 250°F short term with no load. Forming temperature is approximately 375°F. Excellent thermoforming characteristics. Cold form radius no tighter than 100 times the thickness of the material. Superior fire performance. UL listed for burglary resistance. No UV treated surface. Typical applications include interior applications for industrial and commercial, interior glazing in security areas, fabricated parts, industrial machine guards and much more. Not FDA compliant)
- Paint: Acrylic paint has been used in the past and works well. Medium must be able to withstand cold temperatures.
- Artist Recognition: the FMCVB will provide a small commission for the artist of $150 as well as note their name in our marketing materials for the event, etc.
Submit your written idea
If you would like to attach a sketch/example or send links to previous work, please email Andi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Frostival Mural 2019.